The Horror

Don't ever, ever, attempt to clean your DSLR camera sensor when you're not feeling completely sober.

Sounds obvious enough, but apparently some idiot decided that he's smart enough to disregard that and did it while feeling sleepy. Look at what happened to that idiot's CCD sensor now:



image name


He might as well print it large, hang it on the living room wall, and call it a masterpiece abstract art!

Yes, I'm the idiot. I scratched the hot-mirror of my D50 while attempting to clean up some dust spots with a blower. Genius! Yesterday I called the service center and they said they're going to have to replace the whole CCD component... terrific. It still costs a lot despite the 50% discount they give. Aw what the hell, I'm selling it the instance I got it back from them. It has served me well for nearly 2 years and 30k+ shutter counts now... even surviving a couple of drops, one of which was on a rocky surface from about 1.5 meter high and yet it still worked properly afterwards, save for some minor scratches. Naga can testify to that. It is far from perfect and have many shortcomings, but that camera was sufficient enough for someone who just got into photography. I learned a lot with it.



But anyway, random snapshots from last November...


image name

Serious business.


image name

Even more serious business!


image name

Not so serious business. Mita and Sasha chatting through messenger though they're just a desk apart. I made this one bigger than usual, full view for you who speak Bahasa to see their silly talk. ;)


image name



image name

Cats. :)

image name

Planning a detour.

image name



image name

Fishies.

image name



image name

Kinda like this. Wish Ucok's reflection would be bigger though.

image name



image name



image name



Those will most probably be the last photos from D50 in this blog. Aww.

Next are Neopan Presto 400 with FM2n and 50/1.8, not happy with how this roll turned out. Oh well.


image name



image name



image name



image name



image name



image name

In other countries the empty bottles for this kind of photo would be of beers or the likes. But here all we got is soft drinks.

image name



image name

Didn't turn out like I thought. Must have been too late by miliseconds, I remember they're having eye contact when I took this.

That would be all. So far nothing too interesting going on this month. Hopefully it would change for the better in the latter half of this month, with some online friends saying that they're coming to Jogja. If they don't cancel their plan, that is.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

welcome back my friends to the show that never ends, ladies and gentlemen.... the digital world

Karolus Naga said...

and if you don't have any place to throw away that diggy ... my chamber is always open ... I'll be very glad ... in fact me, my self, will clean up the drop zone for you ...

KmeltSiUntaBaikHati said...

do aku copy beberap jpeg yo ^_^

btw suwe juga aku tidak berkunjung neng blogmu ^_^
delok blogmu kie koyo istilahe neng godote

"masturbasi visual"

Rey said...

wish my plan would go well and we can do photo hunting together :)

taufiq shariff said...

dude!!! your black and white are awesome man!!!
bagus banget!