Here are some leftovers from last Sunday when me and my ADVY friends went to Borobudur. We were originally trying to get some sunrise pics from above the temple, but the plan was cancelled because the entrance fee for entering the temple during sunrise is waaay more expensive than the standard rate. There's no way we'd pay that much... for now anyway.

Visiting one of the seven wonders of the world, you'd think there's gonna be a hell lots of photos, but sadly these are all that I considered blog-worthy... All taken with D50 and mostly 18-55mm kit lens.



A couple of days ago the folks at archi campus also held a little gathering in The Corner cafe, finishing that day's Ramadan fasting. Only brought the 50/1.8 attached to D50 since I thought it's gonna be cool to use it in low-lit place like the cafe. Boy was I wrong. Where most of the people gathered, the lighting was so low that even at ISO 1600 and f/1.8 wide open, I only got 1/4 or 1/8 sec... wtf. But that wasn't even the main problem. I was forgetting the little space they got on the cafe, and a 50mm attached to a digital body with a crop factor of 1.5x made it a 75mm effective lens. So there I was, backing myself away against the wall over and over again just to try to get an angle wide enough to cover a scene I wanted. Fuck crop factor.

Holy really loves getting his picture taken


I didn't take the above pic. I think it was Gem's shot. A nice job, he did. :)

Today was nice. This morning I developed my first roll! Yay! The result looked pretty good, I'm gonna scan it (or print it then scan) and put the photos here in near future. Not before yesterday's hunt to Bringharjo market though. ;)



No comments: